At this time, this is a piloted feature. If you do not have access to this tab within the Lyft Business Portal, keep an eye out, because we will be rolling this feature out to more organizations in the future.
Lyft Business admins can filter for specific rides and transactions, view key metrics, and view/download transaction reports within the Insights tab. Below is a breakdown of filters, key metrics and the transaction table that is available
Filters are applied to transaction and ride attributes and utilized to generate key metrics and the transaction table. There are two primary filters that will always be applied with the ability to add additional filters.
- Transaction Date: The date your transaction was successful. Please note this date is represented in UTC and one ride can have more than one transaction. Refer to the FAQ Page for an example timeline of a ride trans and how the transaction date can differ from other dates applicable to your ride.
- Product: The product (Business Profiles, Concierge, Lyft Pass) and the programs you have created for each product.
- Add Filters: You can add additional filters and filter criteria to update your key metrics and transaction table. Please refer to the FAQ Page for a list of all transaction and ride attributes you can add as a filter. There are four types of additional filters:
- Numerical values where you can specify minimum and/or maximum values (e.g. Transaction amount)
- Additional date filters (e.g. pickup date)
- Dimensions with a list of values (e.g. Transaction sub-type)
- Dimensions using a contains or does not contain condition (e.g. Pickup street)
Some key metrics are specific to rides (e.g. completed rides) while some are specific to a transaction (e.g. transaction amount) of a ride. Please note there can be more than one transaction for a ride and ride dates can differ from transaction date(s). When calculating ride key metrics we use the first transaction date to filter for rides. Refer to the FAQ page for a timeline of a ride and key metrics examples for additional context.
View up to four key metrics on your page at one time. Edit the key metrics that you want to view by clicking the icon. Below are key metrics that are currently supported with a description for how each metric is calculated.
- Rides completed: Total number of rides dropped off which had a successful charge transaction within the date range specified.
- Unique riders: Total number of distinct riders that took at least one ride that was dropped off or cancelled and the charge transaction succeeded within the transaction date range specified.
- Amount per ride: Transaction amount / (Rides completed + Rides cancelled). Cancelled rides must have a cancel penalty transaction to be included in this metric.
- Average time of arrival: Average time it took the driver to arrive and pick up your rider.
- Rides per rider: Total number of completed rides divided by the unique number of riders.
- Cancel penalties: Total dollar amount of cancel penalties.
- Rides cancelled: Total rides that were cancelled and had a successful charge transaction within the date range specified. If there was no cancel penalty for a cancelled ride it will not be counted in this key metric.
- Ride fees: Total amount of fees within the transaction date range specified.
- Ride cost: Total cost of the ride that occurred within the transaction date range specified. This can be different than your transaction amount in the instance of Lyft Pass where a rider can pay for a portion of the ride not covered by your organization.
- Transaction amount: Total transaction amount. This is the amount that impacts your payment card statement or offline invoice. This can differ from the Ride Cost in the instance of Lyft Pass when a rider pays a portion of the ride not covered by the Lyft Pass.
- Average ride rating: Average rating your riders provided for all completed rides that had their first successful charge transaction within the transaction date range specified.
The transaction table in the tab will have one row per ride transaction. Please note that one ride record can have multiple transactions. Below are the following actions you can take to edit the table:
- Columns: Edit columns rendered in your transaction table by clicking on the icon and selecting or deselecting the columns you want to view in your table.
- Sort rows: Sort transaction rows in descending or ascending order using a specific column by clicking the icon for a specific column. indicates ascending and indicates descending.
- Column width: Change the width of a column by clicking and dragging the right border of the column header.
- Pages: There can be multiple pages within your transaction table. At the bottom of the table you can update the number of rows you see per page (10, 25, 50, or 100) as well as change the page you are viewing. Please note that we have a limit of 10,000 transactions we can render in the transaction table and if you want to view more than 10,000 rows you’ll have to download the transaction report.
- Ordering columns: To reorder the columns in the table for, viewing or downloading, navigate to the icon and click on the six dots next to the column name to drag the column up or down in the order.
- Transaction date (required): The date and time your ride payment was successfully processed. This cannot be removed when filtering. If you leveraged offline or accrued (Auto Pay and/or Lyft Pass), this will be the creation date and time of the deferred ride transaction and not the actual date and time of payment.
- Ride fare: Ride’s base fare and any high demand fees (if applicable). This is before any discounts are taken (e.g. Shared ride discount), and always a positive value.
- Ride fees: This field buckets all positive fees other than ride fare and tips. Common fees include toll estimate, venue fees, cancellation penalty, and roundup donation.
- Ride discounts: This field buckets all negative fees. Common discounts include discounts from a Lyft Shared or Shared Saver ride and feature or promotional discounts.
- Ride tips: Any tips which can be done at rate and pay of the ride or as an additional charge after the ride completes. If no tip is paid, the field is “0”.
- Ride taxes: All taxes applicable for the ride, if any.
- Ride additional charges: Includes all additional charges for lost and found, clean up, or damage.
- Ride cost: This field is the sum of Ride Fare, Ride Fees, Ride Discounts, and Ride Tip.
- Business services fee: This fee is only applicable if your organization has an existing contract with Lyft Business on platform fee terms. Otherwise, this column will always show “0”.
- Transaction amount: This is the amount incurred by the ride transaction, and paid by the organization.
- Transaction type:
- Charge: The original charge of the ride
- Additional charge: Any additional charge for a ride which can be damage, lost and found, clean up
- Refund: Refund of the charge or additional charge
Transaction Table Attributes
All attributes that you can filter on can be added as a column in the Transaction Table. Below is a list of attributes that can be added as a column that are not filterable.
- Ride Attributes
- Origin latitude
- Origin longitude
- Destination latitude
- Destination longitude
- Pickup latitude
- Pickup longitude
- Drop-off latitude
- Drop-off longitude
- Accept to pickup miles
- Accept to pickup time (minutes)
- Pickup to drop-off miles
- Pickup to drop-off time (minutes)
- Rider rating