If you or a member of your organization causes physical or cosmetic damage to the interior or exterior of your driver's car, we'll assess a damage fee and charge your default payment method. View the Terms of Service to learn more.
Drivers use their personal vehicles to drive other Lyft passengers as well as their family and friends. It's important drivers keep their car in great condition.
In this article, we'll cover:
How will I be notified about damage fees?
You will be notified of the damage via your invoice or transaction report, depending on which billing option you have enabled.
You'll also get an updated receipt after the damage fee has been charged. You can check out details under the 'Rides’ tab in the Lyft Business Portal. Any damage fees incurred will be shown under that ride.
If you believe we've missed any information regarding your case or have any questions, please submit a request to our support team.
Types of damage charges
Damage charges vary based on the severity. Damage charges help the driver pay to have their car cleaned or repaired.
No damage: $0
- Items easily picked up or not seen, such as water bottles, trash, and smells.
Small impact: $20
- Damage that may need a vacuum or time to clean, such as mud, sand, unidentified liquids.
Minor exterior mess: $40
- Damage only on the outside of the car, such as biowaste.
Moderate interior mess: $80
- Multiple areas of spills, spill is sticky or difficult to remove, biowaste limited to a single seat or door of a vehicle.
Moderate exterior mess: $80
- Small dents, scratches, broken clips, broken seat belt
Major damage: $150
- Can include both interior and exterior of the vehicle, or extreme damage to the interior of the vehicle (ex. burns to the upholstery).