With Lyft Concierge, you can request an on-demand ride for someone to get them where they need to go, as soon as possible.
An on-demand ride means that you are requesting an immediate ride for your rider. You can also pre-schedule a ride up to 7 days in advance, or send your rider a flexible ride to request their ride at their own convenience within a 24 hour window.
To request an on-demand ride:
- Log in to Concierge and click ‘Request’.
- Enter the passenger’s first name, last name, and phone number.
If the passenger you are requesting a ride for doesn’t have a mobile phone number, include the most suitable point of contact (i.e., your department’s phone number) in the required ‘Mobile number’ field.What is the phone number used for?
Lyft will notify the passenger via text messages to the provided phone number.
- Then, enter the pickup and drop-off address for the ride.
If you are requesting a ride to and from a large venue or a location that doesn't have a specific address, you can pinpoint the exact spot at the location that you want the driver to meet the passenger at by dragging the map to the spot, right within Concierge!Pickup and drop off zones
If one of your locations is an airport or large venue, there may be options for more specific location details, like an airport terminal number.
- If you have specific details you’d like to share with the driver about this ride, write a message by clicking ‘+ Add a pickup note for the driver’. It will be sent to the driver as soon as they accept the ride.
- Click 'Ride details' to move on to the next page of the request
- Click ‘Now' from the top menu to request the ride as soon as you're finished entering the ride details
For on-demand rides (when 'Now' is selected as the pickup time), agents can see the nearest drivers on the map and the estimated pickup time before requesting the ride.
- Select the ride mode you'd like to end for this ride — Standard Lyft (4 seats), Lyft XL (6 seats), Lux (4 seats), Lux Black (4 seats), Lux Black XL (6 seats) — from the drop-down menu.
- Your company can add an internal memo to this ride for accounting or reconciliation purposes by clicking '+ Include an internal memo'
- When you’re ready to send the ride, click ‘Request ride’ and Concierge will begin to look for a driver for the ride immediately
The pickup experience of an on-demand ride
Learn more about the complete passenger pickup experience with Concierge rides.
- Once you request an on-demand ride, Lyft will start contacting drivers in the area. When a driver accepts the ride, you’ll see their name, phone number, car make and model, license plate number, plus their estimated time of arrival.
- Riders will receive a series of SMS texts to the phone number entered that will let them know a ride has been requested, the driver and car details, and will notify them of the driver’s arrival.
- Once the rider enters the car, the ride will officially start. You can track its status and ETA on the Concierge screen
- When the driver drops the rider off, the ride will be marked as ‘Completed’
The standard Lyft cancellation policy applies to on-demand rides in Concierge. You must cancel the ride within 2 minutes of a driver accepting the ride to avoid any cancellation fees. After 2 minutes, a cancellation fee will be incurred if the ride is cancelled.