With Lyft Concierge, you can request an on-demand ride for someone to get them where they need to go, as soon as possible.
Watch the video below or read on for a step-by-step guide on how to send a ride with Lyft Concierge, and what your passengers can expect.
To request an on-demand ride:
- Log in to Concierge and click ‘New Request’.
- Enter the passenger’s first name, last name, and phone number.
If the passenger you are requesting a ride for doesn’t have a mobile phone number, include the most suitable point of contact (i.e., your department’s phone number) in the required ‘Mobile number’ field.What is the phone number used for?
Lyft will notify the passenger via text messages to the provided phone number.
- Then, enter the pickup and drop-off address for the ride.
If you are requesting a ride to and from a large venue or a location that doesn't have a specific address, you can pinpoint the exact spot at the location that you want the driver to meet the passenger at by dragging the map to the spot, right within Concierge!Pickup and drop off zones
If one of your locations is an airport or large venue, there may be options for more specific location details, like an airport terminal number.
- You can choose from different Lyft ride types available in the area — like Classic, Lyft XL, Lux, etc. At this time, Shared is not an available ride type in Lyft Concierge.
- Once all ride details are entered, you’ll see an estimated price range for the ride in the upper left corner. Ride cost is calculated by distance, time, and ride type.
- If you have specific details you’d like to share with the driver about this ride, write a message in the ‘Note for the driver’ field, and it will go directly to the driver once they have accepted the ride.
- Your company can use the ‘Internal memo’ field for accounting or reconciliation.
- When you’re ready to send the ride, click ‘Request Lyft’.
The pickup experience of an on-demand ride
Learn more about the complete passenger pickup experience with Concierge rides.
- Once you request an on-demand ride, Lyft will start contacting drivers in the area. When a driver accepts the ride, you’ll see their name, phone number, car make and model, license plate number, plus their estimated time of arrival.
- Riders will receive a series of SMS texts to the phone number entered that will let them know a ride has been requested, the driver and car details, and will notify them of the driver’s arrival.
- Once the rider enters the car, the ride will officially start. You can track its status and ETA on the Concierge screen
- When the driver drops the rider off, the ride will be marked as ‘Completed’
The standard Lyft cancellation policy applies to on-demand rides in Concierge. You must cancel the ride within 2 minutes of a driver accepting the ride to avoid any cancellation fees. After 2 minutes, a cancellation fee will be incurred if the ride is cancelled.