Lyft provides an easy and convenient way to restrict usage of your Event Code by entering geofences around the location of your event.
What is a geofence?
A “geofence” is a radius placed around a certain location. When setting up an Event Code, you will be prompted to enter the location of your event. Since rides just need to start or end at the geofence of your choosing, you’ll want to make the geofence around the event location or venue. That way, anyone that is taking rides to or from the location can apply the code.
Keep in mind:
- Geofences only need to be on one side of the ride, either as the pickup or drop-off location
- You can set up to 5 geofences through the Events portal
- Geofences created through the portal are always set to a .5 mile radius around the chosen location
Contact us if:
- There is no specific venue for your event, but rather a specific region
- The pickup/dropoff location exceeds the .5 mile radius (airports, large venues)