A Business Profile allows any passenger to separate business and personal rides, all within the Lyft app.
Creating a Business Profile allows a Lyft rider to establish different default settings, such as payment method and an email address for receipts, for business vs. personal rides.
This is different from the Lyft Business Portal, which is an administrator's central place to manage employees using Business Profiles.
Once their Business Profile is successfully created, riders can simply tap ‘Personal’ or ‘Business’ in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen to switch profiles and the corresponding default payment method will apply.
Get started with these steps:
- Log in to the Lyft Business Portal (or at www.lyft.com/business/login)
- Navigate to ‘Business Profiles,’ then click ‘Get Started’
Not seeing ‘Get Started’ under Business Profiles?
- Navigate to ‘People’ in the left-hand navigation
- Click 'Business Profiles (+)' found in the upper right-hand corner of the portal
- Add and invite employees using their email addresses and click 'Send Invite'
- Click ‘Invite your employees’
- Paste your employee email addresses or upload a CSV list (sample CSV template)
- Click ‘Send Invites’
Here is a preview of the email invite that will be sent to your employees. Before sending this invite, let your employees know to expect it in their inbox.
Benefits your organization will receive when employees use Lyft Business Profiles:
Save valuable employee time by automatically forwarding Lyft ride receipts for business to their work inbox.
Lyft partners with popular expense software providers to eliminate manual expense reports for your employees.
Add expense info
Allow employees to select from a list of your expense codes and/or notes, or let them fill it in free form. Learn how to set up Expense Info.
Choose a business card
Allow your team members to select a default payment method for their business rides, or give them access to charge rides directly to your company’s account with Auto Pay. Learn how to set up Auto Pay.