Auto Pay makes expensing easier by enabling employees to charge their business rides directly to the organization’s credit card or invoice instead of paying out of pocket and seeking reimbursement.
- Create an Auto Pay account
- Add employees to your Auto Pay account
- Paying for business rides with Auto Pay
Create an Auto Pay account
- Log in to Lyft Business Portal (or at business.lyft.com/login)
- Navigate to ‘Business Profiles’ then click on ‘Auto Pay’
- Click ‘Auto Pay +’ in the upper right-hand corner to add a new Auto Pay account
- Give it a name and avatar color
- Add the preferred payment method
- Explore 'Optional advanced settings' by clicking 'Show more'
Add employees to your Auto Pay account
- Click 'Save and Continue' to add employees to the account
- Copy and paste your employees' email address into the 'Emails' box separated by commas, or upload a .CVS file with their email addresses (Download sample .csv)
- Click 'Send Invite' and you'll be taken back to the Auto Pay accounts screen where a green banner that says, "Success!" will appear to let you know the account has been created and your people were added successfully.
Paying for business rides with Auto Pay
Now when your employees switch to their business profile to take a ride, they'll see your organization's name in the bottom left corner as the payment method for the ride where they usually see their own payment method. Auto Pay can only be used to pay for rides taken under a business profile. This prevents employees from accidentally charging personal rides.
Using Auto Pay for approved rides only
There are no inherent restrictions or caps with Auto Pay when organizations enable this payment option in Business Profiles. Mandatory ride expense details can also be activated if you'd like to regulate and/or monitor usage. With this feature employees are required to enter both an expense code and a trip's purpose before they can request a ride in business mode.