Learn how creating a Lyft Event is a quick and easy way for your attendees to get around using unique event code created by you.
In this article, we'll cover:
What is Lyft Events?
Lyft Events is a self-serve option where you can create up to 500 ride codes that last for up to seven days. You can set up restrictions for use of your event codes, such as start and end times and pickup / drop-off locations.
How to create your Lyft Event
- Head over to Lyft.com/Events and click ‘Create Event’
- Log in to your Lyft account
- Enter your mobile phone number on the next screen and click ‘Next’
- Enter the validation code sent via SMS to the phone number you entered in
- Make sure your first name matches the one on the next screen and click ‘This is my account.’ If you do not have an existing Lyft account associated with the mobile phone number you entered, click ‘Create a new account’
- Verify your Lyft account one last time by entering in the email address associated with your account
- Input the basic information about your event
- Enter in the name of your event, your company (optional), the start date and end date, and the start time and end time of your event and click ‘Next’
- Enter in up to 5 location(s) around your event that your event code will be valid for pickup and drop-off and click ‘Next’
- Define your budget, the number of attendees, and the event code itself
- Enter in the number of guests you would like to provide an event code for and set a budget. Please note that the number of guests you enter is the max number of redemptions for your code. Click ‘Next’
- Create your unique alphanumeric event code that is between 8 and 16 characters and contains at least 1 letter and 1 number and click ‘Next’
- Review, edit, and purchase your event
- Review the details of your event code. If something looks wrong, click ‘Edit event details’
- Review and click the checkbox for ‘I agree to the Lyft events contract’ and click ‘Complete Purchase’ when you’re ready to purchase your event codes
Upon code creation, you will receive a confirmation email including an instructional PDF to share with guests.