Your organization can send passengers rides that they can use for up to 24 hours. With just a few clicks, Concierge agents are able to send a ride link to a passenger to request their own flexible ride.
Concierge flexible rides gives your passengers the freedom and flexibility to work their transportation needs around their own schedule. The coordination of the pickup details between your Concierge agents and their passengers becomes simplified — all your agents need to do is send a ride link on the day the passenger needs a ride and the passenger can request their ride when they’re ready to go.
To send a flexible ride using Concierge:
- Log in to Concierge and click ‘Request’.
- Enter the passenger’s first name, last name, and phone number. To send a flexible ride, the passenger must have a mobile phone with internet access, either through a data plan or connection to WiFi.
If the passenger doesn’t have a mobile phone, you'll have to request a pre-scheduled Concierge ride and include the best phone number that can be used to reach the passenger in the required ‘Mobile number’ field.
- Enter in the rider's desired pickup and drop-off address. You can also click the 'Pickup location' and/or 'Destination' fields and the map turns into a draggable map to pinpoint the passenger's exact pickup and destination spot.
- If you have specific details you’d like to share with the driver about this ride, write a message by clicking ‘+ Add a pickup note for the driver’. It will be sent to the driver once they have arrived.
- Click 'Ride details' to move on to the next page of the request
- Click ‘Flexible’ from the top menu to send your passenger an SMS with a weblink to request their ride. The weblink is valid for 24 hours.
- Select the ride mode you'd like to end for this ride — Standard Lyft (4 seats), Lyft XL (6 seats), Lux (4 seats), Lux Black (4 seats), Lux Black XL (6 seats) — from the drop-down menu.
- Your company can add an internal memo to this ride for accounting or reconciliation purposes by clicking '+ Include an internal memo'
- When you’re ready to send the ride, click ‘Send ride link’ and the passenger will receive the SMS text immediately.
The passenger experience for flexible rides
Learn more about the complete passenger pickup experience with Concierge rides.
- When the passenger receives the SMS text with the link to request a ride, they have 24 hours to use the link before it expires.
- The link will open up their default mobile web browser. From there, they’ll see the ride details, like the pickup and dropoff location you entered for them, and a 'Request Lyft' button.
- To complete ordering the Lyft ride, they must click 'Request Lyft'. They will then be matched with a nearby driver.
- Once a driver accepts the ride, the passenger will receive another text be able to track their ride on a map as the driver is picking them up.
- The passenger will receive updates about their ride via SMS text.
The standard Lyft cancellation policy applies to flexible rides. You must cancel the ride within 2 minutes of a driver accepting the ride to avoid any cancellation fees. After 2 minutes, a cancellation fee will be incurred if the ride is cancelled.