With just a few clicks, Concierge agents are able to send a ride link via SMS, or allow a rider to call, to request their own flexible ride within 24 hours.
What is a Concierge flexible ride?
Flexible rides give your riders the flexibility to work their transportation needs around their own schedule. The coordination of the ride pickup is simplified — on the same day a rider needs transportation, an agent simply needs to request a flexible ride from Concierge to send the rider a link via SMS, or allow them to call 1-800-836-LYFT, to request their ride when they're ready to go.
How to send a flexible ride using Concierge
- Log in to Concierge and click Request
- Enter the rider’s first name, last name, and phone number. Currently, flexible rides does not support landline phone numbers
- If the rider has a mobile phone with internet access, they can use the ride link that will be sent to them via SMS to request their ride
- If the rider has a mobile phone without internet access, they can call 1-800-836-LYFT to request their ride. This phone number will be included in the message sent to riders via SMS as well
- If the rider doesn’t have any access to a mobile phone, you will not be able to send them a flexible ride. Instead, request a pre-scheduled Concierge ride and include the best phone number that can be used to reach the rider in the required ‘Mobile number’ field
- The rider has 24 hours to call 1-800-836-LYFT to request their ride
- The weblink sent via SMS is valid for 24 hours to request their ride
The passenger experience for flexible rides
Using the ride link sent via SMS:
- When the rider receives the SMS text with the link to request a ride, they have 24 hours to use the link before it expires
- The link will open up their default mobile web browser. From there, they’ll see the ride details, like the pickup and drop-off location you entered for them, and a Request Lyft button
- To complete ordering the Lyft ride, they must click Request Lyft. They will then be matched with a nearby driver
- Once a driver accepts the ride, the rider will receive another text be able to track their ride on a map as the driver is picking them up
- The rider will receive updates about their ride via SMS text
- When the rider is ready to be picked up, they should call 1-800-836-LYFT
- They will hear the following script once the call is connected:
"You have a Lyft ride available. Your pickup is at [pickup address], and your dropoff is at [dropoff address]. To repeat this message, press 1. When you’re ready to go, press 2 to request your ride. If you need to change the ride’s destination or other details, please contact the organization that requested your ride."
- The rider should make sure they are at the pickup location stated in the phone call and press 2 to request their ride. They can hang up and will then be matched with a nearby driver
Once a driver accepts the ride, the rider will receive updates about their ride via SMS text as usual.
Learn more about the SMS texts the rider will receive during the pickup experience with flexible rides.
My rider said they didn’t receive the ride link via SMS. What should they do?
If your rider is not receiving the SMS with their ride link, it's possible they have previously opted out of receiving SMS texts from Lyft. They can opt back into receiving SMS texts at any time by texting the word STARTALL to 46080.
If they are still not receiving the ride link after opting in to receive SMS, your rider can always call 1-800-836-LYFT from mobile phones to request their ride and hear their ride details. They can also call back this number once the ride is on its way to hear their ride details.
What is the cancellation policy for flexible rides?
The standard Lyft cancellation policy applies to flexible rides. You must cancel the ride within 2 minutes of a driver accepting the ride to avoid any cancellation fees. After 2 minutes, a cancellation fee will be incurred if the ride is cancelled.
Are flexible rides available for landline riders?
Not at this time, but we are continuously exploring how we can provide more access for more riders to make sure that anyone can have a great rideshare experience.