Lyft’s Ride Programs API opens the door for your organization to provide a more cost-effective, convenient, and reliable transportation option for the people your organization cares about.
There’s no need for new tool training or significant workflow changes — you can integrate the capability to send Lyft Credit to people who want to use ridesharing for their transportation needs in the existing tools that your organization uses every day.
With the help of your engineering or developer resources, you can control how and where you’d like to build the integration for your staff to provide Lyft Credit in the user interface of your systems. Below is a step-by-step guide to how the Ride Programs API works:
Send Lyft Credit
- Your staff determines and sets the details of the ride credit including the credit amount, expiration date, and any custom tags (for reporting purposes)
- Send the ride credit to the recipient using their email address or phone number
If the recipient already has a Lyft account, the credit will automatically appear in the ‘Promos’ tab of their app, ready to use right away
If the recipient does not have an existing Lyft account, they will receive an email and/or SMS text asking them to download the Lyft app and create a Lyft account. Once they have the Lyft app, they’ll find their ride credit waiting for them in the ‘Promos’ tab of their app.
Track and manage the ride credit usage
- Track the status of the ride credit(s) within your Ride Program. Statuses of ride credit include: invited, activated, expired, or revoked
- Cancel any ride credit when you need to
- You’ll also be able to get the remaining balance of each ride credit for anyone
- Edit the details of each ride credit as necessary — easily add more credit or extend the expiration date
Get insights into ground transportation
- You’ll receive monthly Ride Programs reports for your organization. The monthly ride credit reports are sent via email or SFTP (if your organization is set up)
- The reports will show the cost breakdown of completed rides using the ride credit from your Ride Programs