Lyft Business administrators are the point-of-contact to manage their organization's people, the Lyft Business products they'll use, and their organization's Lyft Business account settings.
As an admin, you'll gain access to the Lyft Business Portal where you can add and remove people, review ride reports, and set up advanced features like Auto Pay and Expense Info in one central place.
You can become an admin for your organization in two ways:
- Creating your organization's Lyft Business account
- Receiving an invitation from an existing administrator to become another admin of the account
Creating your organization's Lyft Business account
Creating your organization's Lyft Business account automatically makes you an admin and gives you admin-access to the Lyft Business Portal to start managing your Lyft Business account. Learn how to create your organization's Lyft Business account.
Receiving an invitation from an existing administrator to become another admin of the account
Your Lyft Business account can have more than one administrator. An existing administrator must invite you via email to become another administrator. Follow the steps below to accept your admin-invite and start managing your Lyft Business account:
- Check your work email for the invitation to become another admin for your organization. The email should have been sent from someone you already know. An example of the subject line is, "John D. invited you to be an admin for Starfleet's Lyft Business account"
- Click 'Accept invite' to begin the process of getting set up as an admin
- To join your organization's Lyft Business account, you'll be prompted to link your existing personal Lyft account for verification purposes. If you do not already have an existing personal Lyft account, you'll be prompted to create one
- Once you've linked your personal Lyft Business account, follow the rest of the set-up flow to access the Lyft Business Portal.
- Inside the Lyft Business Portal, you'll be able to walk through a series of quick onboarding tips and tricks to make the most of your Lyft Business account for your organization.
- To access the Portal in the future, you can always visit https://business.lyft.com/login
Making someone an administrator for your Lyft Business account
Primary administrators can follow these steps to make someone else an administrator:
- Log in to the Lyft Business Portal (or at business.lyft.com/login)
- Go to People on the left-hand navigation bar
- Search by the employee's email address
- Click the name of the employee
- Click Edit Permissions
- Toggle Admin to green
- Click Done
If the employee is not yet invited to the account, follow these steps to grant access first via 'Business Profiles (+)'.