You can schedule a ride for your rider with a specific pickup time up to 7 days in advance with Lyft Concierge.
In this article, we'll cover:
- What is a scheduled ride with a specific pickup time?
- How to schedule a ride with a specific pickup time
- The rider experience for scheduled rides
What is a scheduled ride with a specific pickup time?
You can schedule a ride in Concierge that has a specific pickup time, where the system will automatically start to look for a driver on the date and specific time you scheduled for your rider. Riders should be aware that a specific pickup time has been set for their ride so they know when to be outside to meet their driver.
If you and your rider don't know the exact time they'll need to be picked up, you can send them a flexible ride instead.
How to schedule a ride with a specific pickup time
- Log in to Concierge and click Request
- Enter the rider’s first name, last name, and phone number
If the rider you are requesting a ride for doesn’t have a mobile phone number, include the most suitable point of contact (i.e., your department’s phone number) in the required Mobile number field.What is the phone number used for?
Lyft will notify the rider via text messages to the provided phone number.
- Enter the pickup location and destination for the ride
If you are requesting a ride to and from a large venue or a location that doesn't have a specific address, you can pinpoint the exact spot at the location that you want the driver to meet the rider at by dragging the map to the spot, right within Concierge!Pickup and drop off zones
If one of your locations is an airport or large venue, there may be options for more specific location details, like an airport terminal number.
- If you have specific details you’d like to share with the driver about this ride, write a message by clicking + Add a pickup note for the driver. It will be sent to the driver as soon as they accept the ride
- Click Ride details to move on to the next page of the request
- Select the pickup date for the scheduled ride in the Pickup date field—this can be up to 7 days in advance
- Select the specific time you'd like the rider to be picked up in the Pickup time field
- At this time, only the standard Lyft ride mode is available to pre-schedule. Lyft (4 seats) will be selected as the default ride mode
- Your company can add an internal memo to this ride for accounting or reconciliation purposes by clicking + Include an internal memo. This memo will never be revealed to the driver or rider
- When you’re ready to send the ride, click Schedule ride. The ride will appear in the Upcoming tab, where it sits in the queue until it’s ready to be requested
- The rider will receive an SMS text letting them know a future ride has been requested for them on the day and time of the scheduled ride
The rider experience for scheduled rides
Learn more about the complete rider pickup experience with Concierge rides.
- On the day of the scheduled ride, Lyft Concierge will start looking for nearby drivers 30 minutes before the scheduled pickup time
- Lyft will start contacting drivers in the area. When a driver that can arrive on time for the scheduled pickup accepts the ride, you’ll see their name, phone number, car make and model, license plate number, plus their estimated time of arrival
- Riders will receive a series of SMS texts to the phone number entered that will let them know a ride has been requested, the driver and car details, and will notify them of the driver’s arrival
- Once the rider enters the car, the ride will officially start. You can track its status and ETA on the Concierge screen
- When the driver drops the rider off, the ride will be marked as Completed
If an agent cancels a scheduled ride that has already been matched with a driver, a cancellation fee will be applied. Otherwise, scheduled rides can be cancelled without penalty prior to the ride being matched with a driver.