You can pre-schedule a ride for your rider up to 7 days in advance with Lyft Concierge.
To pre-schedule a ride:
- Log in to Concierge and click ‘Request’
- Enter the rider’s first name, last name, and phone number.
If the rider you are requesting a ride for doesn’t have a mobile phone number, include the most suitable point of contact (i.e., your department’s phone number) in the required ‘Mobile number’ field.What is the phone number used for?
Lyft will notify the rider via text messages to the provided phone number.
- Enter the pickup location and destination for the ride.
If you are requesting a ride to and from a large venue or a location that doesn't have a specific address, you can pinpoint the exact spot at the location that you want the driver to meet the rider at by dragging the map to the spot, right within Concierge!Pickup and drop off zones
If one of your locations is an airport or large venue, there may be options for more specific location details, like an airport terminal number.
- If you have specific details you’d like to share with the driver about this ride, write a message by clicking ‘+ Add a pickup note for the driver’. It will be sent to the driver once they have arrived
- Click 'Ride details' to move on to the next page of the request
- Click ‘Schedule' from the top menu to schedule the ride for a future time and date
- Select the ride mode you'd like to end for this ride — Standard Lyft (4 seats), Lyft XL (6 seats), Lux (4 seats), Lux Black (4 seats), Lux Black XL (6 seats) — from the drop-down menu.
- Your company can add an internal memo to this ride for accounting or reconciliation purposes by clicking '+ Include an internal memo'. This memo will never be revealed to the driver or rider
- When you’re ready to send the ride, click ‘Schedule ride’. The ride will appear in the ‘Upcoming' tab, where it sits in the queue until it’s ready to be requested.
- The rider will receive an SMS text letting them know a future ride has been requested for them on the day and time of the scheduled ride
The pickup experience for pre-scheduled rides
Learn more about the complete rider pickup experience with Concierge rides.
- On the day of the scheduled ride, Lyft Concierge will start looking for nearby drivers 30 minutes before the scheduled pickup time.
- Lyft will start contacting drivers in the area. When a driver that can arrive on time for the scheduled pickup accepts the ride, you’ll see their name, phone number, car make and model, license plate number, plus their estimated time of arrival.
- Riders will receive a series of SMS texts to the phone number entered that will let them know a ride has been requested, the driver and car details, and will notify them of the driver’s arrival.
- Once the rider enters the car, the ride will officially start. You can track its status and ETA on the Concierge screen
- When the driver drops the rider off, the ride will be marked as ‘Completed’
If an agent cancels a pre-scheduled ride within 30 minutes of the pickup window, a cancellation fee will be applied. Otherwise, pre-scheduled rides can be cancelled without penalty.