You can pre-schedule a ride for your passenger up to 7 days in advance with Lyft Concierge.
To pre-schedule a ride:
- Log in to Concierge and click ‘New Request’.
- Enter the passenger’s first name, last name, and phone number.
If the passenger you are requesting a ride for doesn’t have a mobile phone number, include the most suitable point of contact (i.e., your department’s phone number) in the required ‘Mobile number’ field.What is the phone number used for?
Lyft will notify the passenger via text messages to the provided phone number.
- Enter the pickup location and destination for the ride.
If you are requesting a ride to and from a large venue or a location that doesn't have a specific address, you can pinpoint the exact spot at the location that you want the driver to meet the passenger at by dragging the map to the spot, right within Concierge!Pickup and drop off zones
If one of your locations is an airport or large venue, there may be options for more specific location details, like an airport terminal number.
- Select ‘Schedule for later’ from the dropdown menu, where you’ll be able to select the desired pickup date and time. At this time, you can only request an original Lyft ride (4-seats) for a pre-scheduled ride.
- Once all ride details are entered, you’ll see an estimated price for the ride in the upper left corner. Ride cost is calculated by distance, time, and ride type.
- If you have specific details you’d like to share with the driver about this ride, write a message in the ‘Note for the driver’ field, and it will go directly to the driver once they have accepted the ride.
- Your company can use the ‘Internal memo’ field for accounting or reconciliation.
- Click ‘Submit’, which moves the scheduled ride to the ‘Upcoming' tab, where it sits in the queue until it’s ready to be requested.
- The passenger will receive an SMS text letting them know a future ride has been requested for them on the day and time of the scheduled ride.
The pickup experience for pre-scheduled rides
Learn more about the complete passenger pickup experience with Concierge rides.
- On the day of the scheduled ride, Lyft Concierge will start looking for nearby drivers 30 minutes before the scheduled pickup time.
- Lyft will start contacting drivers in the area. When a driver that can arrive on time for the scheduled pickup accepts the ride, you’ll see their name, phone number, car make and model, license plate number, plus their estimated time of arrival.
- Riders will receive a series of SMS texts to the phone number entered that will let them know a ride has been requested, the driver and car details, and will notify them of the driver’s arrival.
- Once the rider enters the car, the ride will officially start. You can track its status and ETA on the Concierge screen
- When the driver drops the rider off, the ride will be marked as ‘Completed’
If an agent cancels a pre-scheduled ride within 30 minutes of the pickup window, a cancellation fee will be applied. Otherwise, pre-scheduled rides can be cancelled without penalty.