With your Lyft code, easily request a ride to get to and from your destination with a discount.
To add a Lyft code to your account:
- Open the Lyft mobile app on your phone
- Tap the icon with 3 bars in the top lefthand corner of the screen
- Tap 'Promos' from the menu
- In the 'Enter promo code' field, enter in the code provided to you
- Once the code is accepted, it will appear in the 'Promos' tab and you will be able to see the details of the code, such as time restrictions, location restrictions, how many times it can be used, and how much credit you have left
To apply the code to your ride:
- On the 'Get a ride' screen in the Lyft app, enter the pickup and drop-off locations for the ride
- In the bottom lefthand corner, you'll see an indication of which payment method will be applied. If the promo is being applied successfully, you should see 'Personal + Promo'
- Tap 'Select Lyft' to complete your ride request and you're all set!
Why isn't my code applying to my ride?
If the code is not applying to the ride, make sure the pickup and drop-off locations for your ride are within the location restrictions of the code, and the ride is taking place within the hours of the time restriction of the code.
To double check what the location and time restrictions of your specific code are, head to the 'Promos' tab in your Lyft app and find the code in your list of promos. Here, you'll see the specific location and time restrictions for the code.