You can now download or email standard transaction reports across all Lyft Business products that your organization uses right from the Lyft Business Portal.
What are unified standard transaction reports?
Our transaction reports are based on the date the transaction of a ride was processed and completed. This means that if a ride was taken on March 31, but the transaction for this ride was processed on April 1, the data for this ride will be included on April’s monthly report, not March.
The reports are unified and standard across all Lyft Business products, which means you’ll see the same data fields across reports for Business Profiles and Auto Pay, Concierge, and Lyft Pass.
Unified standard transaction reports took effect on April 1, 2019. This means that reports available to download for the month of March 2019 and on will have the new unified standard transaction report format. All reports available to download from February 2019 and older will maintain the legacy reporting format.
What are the benefits of unified standard transaction reports?
Our standard transaction reports give you transparency into your people's rides, easier reconciliation and reporting capabilities, and more control over your Lyft Business spend.
You can expect that the unified standard transaction reports will:
- Match spending reflected on your credit card statement or monthly invoice
- Have the same format and contain the same data, no matter if receive the report via email, SFTP, or download directly from the portal
- Provide richer data points than ever before to represent activity and spend
How can I access the new unified standard transaction reports?
If you are an Admin, you can access the standard transaction reports by having them emailed to you on a daily, weekly, or monthly cadence, accessing them via SFTP, or directly downloading month-to-date reports from the Lyft Business Portal.
Learn more about managing your reporting settings, including email settings for receiving reports, through the Lyft Business Portal.
- Open a new sheet in Excel
- Click 'File', then 'Import'
- Select the recently downloaded report and click 'Get Data'
- A pop-up 'Import' window will appear. Select 'CSV file' on this window and click 'Import'
- A 'Text Import Wizard' window will appear. Select 'Delimited' on this window and click 'Next'
- Select 'Comma' and click 'Next'
- Select 'Text', and click on the ride ID column, and click Finish
Once you've performed these steps, the new sheet you opened will auto-fill with the full ride ID displaying in column A.
What’s included in the unified standard transaction reports?
Reports for all products will contain the same data fields. However, some fields will not pertain to every product. If the field does not pertain to the product, the field will be blank in the report.
What are the biggest benefits of unified standard transaction reports?
- The transaction report features all information needed to identify a specific ride, communicated via the following fields:
- Ride ID
- Pickup/Drop-off Date
- Pickup/Drop-off Time
- Passenger Name
Comprehensive location insights:
- We removed less practical fields, such as latitude and longitude, and added more immediately useful location information with the following series of fields:
- Pickup Address, City, State, and Zip Code
- Drop-off Address, City, State, and Zip Code
- Request Address, City, State, and Zip Code
- Destination Address, City, State, and Zip Code
- The below fields give your organization much clearer visibility into the cost breakdown of a ride and the total that your organization actually paid:
- Ride Fare
- Ride Fees
- Ride Discounts
- Ride Tip
- Ride Cost
- Business Services Fee
- Transaction Amount
Reports for all products will contain the same fields. Below are some of the most important fields and their definitions that you'll see in a standard report for Auto Pay, Concierge, and Lyft Pass rides.
Distance (miles): Distance of the ride, rounded and truncated to 2 decimal places.
Duration (minutes): Duration of the ride, rounded and truncated to 2 decimal places.
Ride Fare: Ride’s base fare and any high demand fees (if applicable). This is before any discounts are taken (e.g. Shared ride discount), and always a positive value.
Ride Fees: This field buckets all positive fees other than ride fare and tips. Common fees include sales tax, price, adjustment, toll estimate, cancellation penalty, and roundup donation.
Ride Discounts: This field buckets all negative fees. Common discounts include discounts from a Lyft Shared or Shared Saver ride and feature or promotional discounts.
Ride Tip: If no tip is paid, the field is “0”.
Ride Cost: This field is the sum of Ride Fare, Ride Fees, Ride Discounts, and Ride Tip.
Business Services Fee: This fee is only applicable if your organization has an existing contract with Lyft Business on platform fee terms. Otherwise, this column will always show “0”.
Transaction Amount: This is the amount incurred by the ride transaction, and paid by the organization.
- Ride stands for a transaction that happens on a Lyft Business ride.
- Additional Charge stands for additional fees incurred after a Lyft Business ride transaction. Common examples of of "additional charge" include:
- Lost and found: fee charged and paid for recovering a lost item
- Additional tip: additional tip added after a completed ride
- Cleanup fee: fee charged and paid to clean up a vehicle
- Damage fee: fee charged and paid to repair damage to a vehicle
- Refund stands for repayment of Transaction Amount, hence a negative value.
- Cancel stands for cancelled rides. It will only show up if a cancellation fee incurred.
Ride Type: The ride mode of the Lyft ride. Current ride types: Access, Carpool, Self-driving, Lyft + Transit, Shared, Shuttle, Lux Black, Lux Black XL, Lyft XL, Lux, Promo, Lyft, SUV.
Employee ID: This is Employee ID used and provided by client organizations.
Custom Tag: People Sync customers who supply custom tags to employee rosters are able to see them reported in transaction reporting. This field is empty for customers not using People Sync or not using custom tags feature within People Sync.