If the payment card on file for your Lyft Business account fails multiple times, your account will be temporarily suspended until your overdue balance is paid for.
To give you an opportunity to update your payment information and avoid any disruption, a red warning banner will appear in the Lyft Business Portal alerting you that your payment card has been failing and must be updated. At the same time, an overdue balance will begin to accrue until a payment card is verified and charged.
If your organization continues to charge rides to the failing card after the warning banner has been surfaced, your account will become temporarily suspended until the accrued overdue balance is paid for.
How do I reactivate my account that has been suspended?
If your account has been suspended due to a failing payment card, you'll see the following error message upon logging in:
Click Fix now to be taken to the Payments page for more details on the overdue balance that was accrued.
You can pay for the overdue balance in 2 ways:
- Fix the issue on the failing payment card and charge the balance to it
- Add a brand new payment card and charge the balance to it
Fix the issue on the failing payment card
To fix the issue on the failing payment card, we recommend trying one or both of the following:
- Re-entering the payment card information in the Lyft Business Portal
- Calling your bank to understand if they may be blocking charges on their end
To re-enter the payment card information:
- Click on Settings on the left navigation bar, then click Payments
- Click on the payment card to open the payment details page
- Click Edit Card at the top of the page
- Re-enter the payment card information for the failing card, including credit card number, expiration date, and CVC code
- Click Save
Once you've either re-entered the payment card information or contacted your bank and resolved the issue with them, click Fix now on the warning message at the top of the Portal and follow these steps:
- Click Try again with CARD XXXX
- Our system will verify the payment card and the banner at the top will change from a warning message banner to, "Verifying payment method. This usually takes about one minute per overdue ride payment."
- Once the system verifies the payment card and all the overdue ride payments are charged successfully, you'll see a success message that reads, "Success! CARD XXXX is verified and paid your balance."
- If the payment card continues to fail, you will need to contact your bank again or attempt to add another payment card to charge the balance to
Add a brand new payment method:
- After clicking Update now in the warning banner, click Add new payment
- You'll be taken to the Payments page where you will enter the credit card number, expiration date, and CVC code. Press Save to add the new card
- Our system will verify this payment method. Upon verification, this payment method will replace the failing payment card as the default payment method for any other Lyft Business products. Future rides will be charged to this payment card moving forward. Learn how to change payment methods for the products you use
- Once the card is verified, the overdue balance will be charged to the card. You will see a green success banner letting you know the new card has been added and replaced the failing card successfully