Riders who have a Concierge ride requested and/or scheduled on their behalf will be sent an SMS text outlining the health safety requirements before taking a ride.
What is Lyft’s Health Safety Program?
Learn more in the full blog post about the program. Lyft’s Health Safety Program is comprised of:
- The Health Safety Commitment, which includes asking riders and drivers to self-certify that they won’t ride or drive if they have COVID-19, think they have it, or have related symptoms, and a commitment that all riders and drivers will wear face coverings and commit to other recommended safety protocols
- Health safety education for drivers and riders
- Distribution of cleaning supplies and masks for drivers
What do I need to do to comply with Lyft’s Health Safety Commitment?
When a ride has been requested on your behalf, you will receive an additional SMS text outlining the guidelines you need to follow in order to comply with Lyft’s Health Safety Commitment. These guidelines are:
- Don’t ride if you have COVID-19, think you have it, or have COVID-19 symptoms
- Wear a face covering
- Sanitize your hands
- Do not sit up front
- Open windows when you can
By taking the Concierge ride, you are implicitly agreeing to follow the guidelines outlined above. If you do not believe you can successfully follow these guidelines, you must cancel the Concierge ride by replying 8 to the SMS text.
What does the SMS text that I will receive look like?
Below is an example of the Health Safety Commitment SMS text that you will receive.
For on-demand, flexible, and scheduled flexible rides, the SMS text will be sent immediately following the first SMS text you receive alerting you that you have a ride.
For scheduled rides, the Health Safety Commitment SMS text will be sent on the following schedule:
- If the ride is scheduled for a later time on the same day, the Health Safety Commitment SMS text will be sent immediately following the first SMS text alerting you that a ride has been scheduled on your behalf
- If the ride is scheduled for a later day, the Health Safety Commitment SMS text will be sent on the day of the scheduled ride immediately after an SMS text reminding you that a ride has been scheduled for you that day
I am not able to comply with the Lyft Health Safety Commitment at the time of my ride. What should I do?
You will need to cancel the ride that has been requested for you. At this time, all riders must comply with the Healthy Safety Commitment before they can take a Lyft ride. If you do not feel that you can fully comply, please reply 8 to the SMS text you received to cancel your ride.
What safety guidelines do drivers have to follow under Lyft’s Health Safety Program?
Drivers must take the same steps to commit to health safety. To drive with Lyft, they have to agree to follow CDC guidelines and local regulations:
- Don’t drive if you have COVID-19, think you have it, or have related symptoms
- Wear a face covering
- Keep your car clean, and sanitize your hands frequently
- Leave the front seat empty
- Open windows and avoid recirculated air when possible