Lyft Pass gives you benefits to use on your next Lyft ride. Once an organization shares a Lyft Pass with you and it's been added to your account, you’re ready to ride! You'll want to:
- View the rules and restrictions of your Lyft Pass
- Request a ride and make sure your Lyft Pass is eligible
View the rules and restrictions of your Lyft Pass
Before requesting a ride, it’s important to understand the rules for your pass so you know when it’s eligible to use. To view the restrictions, tap the menu icon in the top left corner of your app and tap 'Payment.' Look for the Lyft Pass name in your list of promos to see the details. Restrictions can be combined and include:
- Location restrictions with designated pickup and drop-off locations,
- Time and day restrictions where the ride can only be taken during specific times on specific days
- Ride type restrictions where the ride must be taken under a valid ride type for Lyft Pass to apply
Request a ride and make sure your Lyft Pass is eligible
After confirming the restrictions of your Lyft Pass, tap the menu icon in the top left corner of your app and select 'Get a ride' to begin.
- Select 'Search destination' and enter the name or address of your destination
- Select your destination from the search results. If your destination is a venue, you may also have to select a designated pickup spot at that destination
- Select a ride type. If your Lyft Pass had a ride type restriction, make sure to choose a valid ride type on this screen
- Before tapping 'Select [ride type]' to proceed to the next screen, double check that your Lyft Pass will apply to your ride by making sure the bottom left corner says 'Personal [Credit card XXXX] + Promo.'
- If it says 'Business [Credit card XXXX],' tap Business [Credit card XXXX] to switch from business profile to personal profile. Lyft Pass only applies to rides taken under your personal profile
- If it says 'Personal [Credit card XXXX],' Lyft Pass is not applying. Check the restrictions of your Lyft Pass again and make sure you are taking a valid ride. You will need to change any part of your ride request that does not fall within the restrictions of the pass (i.e. change the pickup location or drop-off destination, change the ride type, etc.)
- After confirming that Lyft Pass is applying successfully, tap 'Select [ride type]'
- Review your ride once more and select 'Confirm and request' when ready
Confirming your Lyft Pass applied successfully on the rate-and-pay screen
Once your ride is completed, you can confirm that your Lyft Pass applied successfully on the rate-and-pay screen.
- As soon as your driver taps dropped off to end the ride, you’ll see the rate-and-pay screen to make any changes to payment and rate your driver
- To see a breakdown of ride cost and how much of your ride was covered by Lyft Pass, tap the i icon next to the total price
- You’ll see a line item on the 'Price details' page for Lyft Pass
- If your Lyft Pass covered the full amount of your ride, this line item will display how much credit was used and the total amount paid will show $0
- If your Lyft Pass covered up to a maximum amount, this line item will display that maximum amount that was covered. The total amount paid will show the difference of your full ride cost and the maximum amount covered, which will be charged to your personal credit card on file
- If your Lyft Pass covered a partial amount of the ride due to the ride cost being higher than the amount of credit available, this line item will display that partial amount that was covered. The total amount paid will show the difference of your full ride cost and the partial amount covered, which will be charged to your personal credit card on file