Lyft for Epic integrates Lyft Concierge directly into Epic, making it easier for healthcare staff to order a Lyft ride on behalf of a patient. Non-emergency medical transportation (NEMT) and patient care can now be managed all in one place.
How to request a ride
When the time comes to request a Lyft ride for a patient, follow these steps:
- Open the patient’s record in Epic and click Schedule Lyft on the bottom right of the page. Lyft Concierge will launch as a sidebar
- Fill out the pickup and drop-off locations. The patient’s first name, last name, and phone number should be pre-populated
- Click Ride details to move on to the next page of the request
- When you’re ready to send the ride, click Request Ride and Concierge will immediately begin to look for a driver
- Once the ride has been requested, you can track it via the Ride Status button at the bottom of the patient record
Where to find support
When to contact Epic
Epic support can help answer questions in instances where Epic is the main system of use for the function experiencing issues.
Issues with accessing Lyft in Epic
For issues where you’re unable to access Lyft from Epic or patient details aren’t auto populating, you should go through your organization's standard IT support flow. If during this process there is an issue where Lyft needs to support the resolution from a technical standpoint, please contact your Lyft Program Specialist.
When to contact Lyft
Lyft support can help answer questions or resolve issues relating to rides and Lyft Concierge functionality. Lyft cannot answer any questions related to Epic software.
Issues with a Lyft ride
For ride-related issues and grievances such as a passenger leaving an item behind in a Lyft ride, driver concerns/cancellations, or issues with the cost of a ride, please submit a ticket to Lyft via the Get Help button on the ride card. You can also contact Lyft Support directly here.
Issues with Concierge tool
If you have any technical issues with the Lyft Concierge tool, need to give users permissions to access Concierge, or have any Concierge related questions or feedback, please reach out to your Lyft Program Specialist.